Sunday, January 22, 2012

Started to collect .

Hello Everyone, Hope all is well for you!!
I have started to organise my projects for this year and have collected some fabric for a Quilt  I saw in my book Quilting Illusions by the" Eye Fooler" expert Celia Eddy. Published in 2004  by Murdoch Books. So I have had the book for a while.  She shows how you can produce wonderful Eye Fooler quilts with visual impact and depth to them.


 Storm at Sea is the name of the Quilt .Looking at it in one way a pattern of waves emerge in a wavy movement. That is where the name comes from . Looking from another perspective you can see interlocking circles.


These effects are caused by the positioning of the long diamonds on four sides of the block.
In keeping with the traditional Storm at Sea Quilts tend to be pieced in blue fabrics.
I only need four fabrics .
I think that is the least amount of fabric I have ever used in a quilt before.
So I am really looking foreward to getting started  with my Storm at Sea.
My 1st Grandchild is turning 21 in April so I would like to make Storm at Sea for him.



These two fabrics of Australian Flowers I collected as I am doing the" I'm trading Quilties" at Sandra Kaye. She is in my blog list I follow. There is a button for this at the bottom of my posts if you would like to have a look. I tried to put it at the top of my design but couldn't get it to go there. I will have to try again . It sounds like good  fun to trade.


This bundle I found for a future project. The colours don't show vey well .I think it is time for a new camera. I have had this one for a while so a new one might go on the list.
 Does everyone have a list or is it only me .haha.
Happy Quilting,
Jen x

3 comments:

Frances Leate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gudrun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.