Sunday, November 10, 2013

Back again .

Hello everyone,
I have been away in the caravan . I am back today after a 2 week break at the beach  camping ,swimming ,walks.  Seeing and enjoying the dolphins playing in the surf everyday. At beautiful Foster /Tuncurry Beach Holiday Park. Nestled between Nine Mile Beach and the Wallis Lake outlet channel. N.S.W.
The internet wasn't a very strong signal for posting and photos while away but I did manage a few looks on here  as I love seeing what projects my talented bloggie friends are currently doing.

While away I did finish 2 more Civil War 41/2" blocks from Dear Jane. I now have a total of 18 . I am not making a full size quilt but will make a wall hanging with them. Some I have hand stitched and some have been on the sewing machine.


I also had a near finish of some embroidery for a secret santa  gift. Can't show yet.
I would love to show you  my dear sewing friend Barbara's Tree of Life quilt. I just love the colours and beautiful fabrics. Barbara has embellished the lady with gold thread and it is really beautiful.




I just had to go to the Patchwork shop while away. My dear hubby says we must have been to everyone of them in Australia by now!!.  Not so.
I did buy some pretty fabric to make my granddaughter a little dress for the summer..


And who could resist adding to the wool stash a big bargain ball of wool (300m) for knitting  a shawl for the cooler weather. A fun quick project.


Some holiday photos.


The rock pool  at the ocean entrance.

That is me with my cap and sun glasses on,  As I never get my hair wet going under or get caught by a big wave comeing in. I don't go out that far.  haha


Every morning the surfers at Nine Mile beach waiting for the best wave to come in.

Last but not least here is dear hubby putting together a quilting frame for us to use. We have never tried this before so we expect to have some fun working this out!!. He is very keen to have a go and is preparing a spot in the garage to keep it assembled .Pulling it to the ceiling and lowering it when needed onto a mat.

Thank goodness we have had a decent pour of rain last night and today which will douse the few fires that were around in the bush. Not looking foreward to a hot dry summer and more fires starting..
Well must get to bed as I have to empty the caravan and give it a clean in the morning.
Happy sewing week.
Jen x


3 comments:

Gudrun said...

Nice to read that you have had some great weeks at the beach.Love your block and the quilt from Barbara is so wonderful.
Best you clean the caravan carefully that you are allowed to go again another time:-))
Hugs from Gudrun

Cheryll said...

That's a great spot isn't it! Looks like perfect weather for a get away too! And of course we have to go to ALL the LQS where ever we are... that's in the quilters bible...lol

margaret said...

it looks an idyllic spot for a holiday. Love the dear jane blocks, still not tried any but will one day.