Saturday, August 5, 2017

The months are going so fast.

Hello everybody,
Hope everyone has been happy and well while I have been absent.
Well I have finally found more opportunities to be back in my women cave and catching up on my back log  of  sewing  projects that have been laying idle  for a while. I am happy as long as there is a new project on the horizon.
At the moment I have 2 quilts on the go for 2 dear little girls ,Mia and Amiria.  I can show a sneak peak on the progress of Amiria's.



 I have a helper on the cutting table.


Val from quilting class has the centre piece finished of her quilt and it is very pretty and delicate.I am sure the finished quilt will  reveal lovely fabric shades and will be gorgeous.




Also from our weekly quilting group Sondra has finished another child's quilt to send to the Women's Refuge for the children having to stay there. These quilts are very needed.



Some photos from Thredbo .Australia's snow fields.




               Cute.


I had a lovely holiday with my family, daughter,son inlaw, 5 older teens,  grandies. Lots of snow dumping and we all had a fabulous time. I loved my walks in the snow.
Our winter days will soon be over and it will be lovely to see sunny warm  days again.
Happy sewing.
Jen xx
.




















6 comments:

barbara woods said...

good to "see" you again, dear friend

Jo said...

Good to see some sewing happening. Do you have a holiday place at Thredbo. I have only been past there in Summer. Looks lovely.

margaret said...

looks like a fun time in the snow though I can`t say I like it, fortunately not a flake last winter here.
Such cute flower fairy fabric will make a delightful quilt for a little girl also liking the teddy one too

Radka said...

Interesting to see pictures from Thredbo - my son and then his girlfriend were working there for a while some years back (during your summer) when spending a year travelling and working in Australia. They had to flee from there due to forest fires.
xx

*-* said...


Such very pretty fabric for the Amiria quilt.
Kay.

Marilyn said...

Lovely to see the quilts the ladies are making. The womens refuge will love those special quilts.