Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Friendships.

Welcome Everyone.
Hope this post finds you happy and well. 💛
It was immediately enjoyable to be back to quilting class this week and being inspired by my talented friends.
I have decided that quilting is warmth,fun and love



Lynne has made theses quilts to pass on for use at  the Women's Refuge .

Lynne has this one under construction also, love these blended fabrics.


Val made this pretty baby blanket.

cute little animals.

Myself I have 2 projects happening .One I  planned to have finished a few weeks ago .It is nearly done.
The other one cut and ready to sew.This one is a charity quilt I am making for my grandson to raffle for funding for his trek and 2 of his friends to the remote villages in the Himalyan  Mountains to Lihi (2840 alltitude ) Trekking with the non profit charity Hope Alliance to do work to improve the lives of the children in the villages  by renovating and building structures and education initiatives in November .They are working hard to earn money after school as have to pay for donkeys to carry tools and equipment and their air fares etc .


My quilt fabric.
This morning was a bright lovely and fresh day but at the moment very dark clouds over my back fence..



Hope tomorrow looks better.
Thank you all who visit my blog,You are truly appreciated.
Happy quilting.
Jen xx











7 comments:

Jo said...

Good to see you taking little steps and doing some sewing...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,good luck for the fund raising what a wonderful thing for your GS to do.
Lovely show and tell,sending you big hugs my friend xx

Gudrun said...

Your friend have made lovely quilts and you have chosen lovely fabrics for the charity quilt.Sewing is a very good therapy and I think creating is so good for the health. Good luck!!
Greetings fromm Sweden.Gudrun

margaret said...

what a trip ypur GS is going to have and so good to be helping the children there. Liking the quilts too, like how different cornerstone fabrics have been used think i will be doing that too at some time

*-* said...


I agree about quilting, infact for me most pursuits with sewing or machine needle, are a source of great joy. Perhaps I should say, not so much mending.:)
I love the fabrics for the charity quilt. What a commendable young man your grandson is, to give selflessly of his time & efforts.
Kay.

Marilyn said...

Lovely to see you getting back into quilting and meeting your friends. It is all good therapy for the mind and soul.

Margaret Stickland said...

The blended fabrics are refreshing and loved the red so vibrant on the fabrics surrounding, I am back to sewing and blogging also.