Thursday, November 24, 2016

Works in Progress.

Hello Everyone,
The last 2 weeks has seen everyone in my sewing group focusing on projects hoping to be finished for Christmas .I think it will all be finished in time.

Myself I have a quilt top ready waiting for batting and backing and to be quilted. This quilt is for my brother whom I have been his carer with my sister for 3 years daily keeping him in his own home as he suffers with Dementia. The last 3 months we have placed him in  24 hour Aged Care where he now lives and has his own brand new  ensuite  unit and the care he needs. .We visit him weekly now.
His quilt is to make his room more defined and homely to give him  ownership feelings in his new surrounds.
 His quilt is to be more than fabric and batting and evoke feelings of love and comfort and memories of his previous life by keeping  his mind active from the images of his working life  I have appliqued across his quilt.












Here are some of the other works in progress happening.



This fabulous bed runner will make  a lovely gift.



The colours on this wedding ring quilt is very pretty ,my camera is not showing  the true colours It is very delicate.



Love how this has been put together with paper piercing. Every block is so different






Love the cute cat fabric being made for a cat lover. A delightful fun quilt.







Soon Spring here will be over, the gum trees in our bush are looking healthy and have started to shed their bark and Summer is on the way. The days are already in the 30 C's so I think we are in for a very hot summer.


 Some of the things that show up in our gum trees. Unfortunately there  is no koalas in my bush across from us. Although it is full of lovely birds including this kookaburra .

.
Happy Sewing and thank you for dropping by .
Jen xx

















4 comments:

Jo said...

Great photo of the kookaburra. Some wonderful sewing happening

Gudrun said...

Lovely quilt for your brother.Hope he will like his new "home".
Love from Gudrun

margaret said...

that is a beauty you are making for your brother, do hope he settles in well and is happy in the home.

So admire wedding ring quilts would never try one myself mind you no anniversaries to celebrate as I am on my own!

Marilyn said...

That will be a lovely memory quilt for your brother. There are some very talented ladies in your sewing group, the quilt are all lovely. Thank you for sharing them.