Friday, August 28, 2020

The Australian wattle is starting to come into flower.


 Hello Everyone ,

Nearly Spring here down under. Will be glad to greet some warmer weather. 

Was happy to see the Wattle come into flower.

Australia's National Floral Emblem. Wattle Day 1st September it generally relates to Spring. It is a symbol of Australia and Australians.       

The whales are migrating too . 45 species of whales can be found. Most commonly seen here are the Humpbacks and Southern right whales, they like the warm tropical waters of the Pacific and return to Antarctica in the Spring.

Our beautiful birds are nesting and laying their eggs as it gets warmer .I have some swooping birds in the gum trees opposite me but I think they are used to me. The plovers and magpies don't swoop me when I go out in the garden and weed the lawn.

I look foreward to our Spring and Summer months to enjoy some sunshine and warmer days. 



Our beautiful wattle.



A Rosella parrot.
Beautiful applique.








My sewing friend Lynn has been working on these two quilts .They are beautiful and soon will have a finish which I am looking forward to seeing 



Our way of life in Australia has changed dramatically in our daily lives,changeing the way we live. To be safe we have to act in a different way to stay healthy and limit our exposure.
Surely soon things will be different we have to protect ourselves and others.
Stay happy and well .
Jen xx





 

















.

.



2 comments:

Jeanneke said...

Stay healthy and happy, you too, dear Jen.
Sending love and blessings from my heart and home to yours,

Jeanneke.

leighr said...

check it out additional resources their explanation Go Here web Find Out More