Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cosy Days.

Hello dear readers,
One month of winter has passed ,a very mild month (around 26C ) but at the moment the cold winds have begun to blow (16C) here and the snow season down south have had snow falling but mostly sunny days and very chilly in the night.
I like to get my jobs done early and snuggle up on the lounge with my knitting while the hot pot is cooking away with the tea .This does not happen every day though, and is lovely and cosy when it happens.
At quilting class today I have been working on a quilt called Intertwined. from Cozy Quilt Designs. from a  jelly roll using 2 1/2" strips .The block basically large 8 1/2" squares and small 21/2" squares and some pinwheels made with the tube technique. A strip tube ruler is handy for this.

 3 strips sorted and sewn together for large squares.


I have sorted my cut strips and sewn the 3 strips in a tube with right sides together and 1/4" seams top and bottom on the long sides for the large squares and the small squares in a smaller tube. Cut in triangles and open tube to a square.

Today in class Glenda has the top finished for her grandsons quilt .Glenda goes to a lot of trouble to source these great fabrics for her grandchildren's quilts.

 I love this fabric!!  Perfect for any little boy.



I have from the cupboard bought out this quilt I made ages ago as I love the paisley fabric which reminds me of the 60's mod and hippie style  of those times. ( showing my age here)



I have a few projects happening at the moment and between child minding as it is school holidays here I am  makeing progress as I don't have to babysit everyday so all is good for my sewing and knitting.
We are still going whale watching and this is one of my favourite coffee places at Merewether beach on our way home. I love sitting sheltered from the winds watching the waves with my hubby.



Happy sewing days.
Your blogging friend Jen x



3 comments:

Gudrun said...

I agree, walking on the shore is good for the soul:-))
You have winter and so warm,like swedish summer sometimes:-))
Nice quilt you are working on,love the pattern and fabrics.
Today I have been painting on my house-no sewing.
Hugs from Gudrun

Jenny said...

You strip quilt looks interesting can't wait to see it finished. I would love to live near the beach....

Karen said...

Wonderful quilts Jen! I love the cosy of winter and can see how the beach would be good for the soul.