Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Latest Happenings.

Sunday night and putting things away in my sewing room, getting ready for the new week ahead. I have a few jobs coming up for my Janome .
I finalised a Christmas present  for my neice over the weekend an Apron I started  last week. She is the most wonderful cook so I think she will like the Apron. I love the fun fabric.






My Grandaughter has been here for the weekend and still on my placement wall is her  blocks sorted for her quilt . Kristy lives in the country town of Tamworth 4 hours drive from the coast here. While visiting she did some more work on the blocks (25 , 10 1/2" blocks)  adding the cream sashing strips between the blocks in each row. Kristy is really getting used to the sewing machine now as this quilt is her 2nd .
 At her home there isn't a machine so she only gets to use mine when she visits which is normally in the school holidays, and in between we usually go to visit them.
I asked Kristy  will I help her a little while she is away and sew the 5 rows together and when she is back it will be ready for her to put the border on and quilt. I know she would like it finished for Christmas or the January school holidays.


Kristy Lee.
The rows need to be sewn together now with the cream sashing strips.


 Looking  good!!

I did a small embroidery over the weekend which I have to finish putting the binding around and a Christmas stocking I have to line the inside. It has been waiting for a while now, so hopefully I can show these as finished next post.
Sweet Dreams, Jen x



5 comments:

OzStitcher said...

Hi Jen - It's so nice to see someone young sewing.....and love your apron fabric....cheers Karen

Katie said...

Love the apron - lots of fun... And Kristy's quilt is coming on so well!

LuAnn said...

Tell Kristy I love her music fabric. I hope she gets access to a machine at home since she likes to sew. And, what a cute apron. Your niece will love the fabric!

Linda said...

I agree Jen, and love to see a young person taking an interest in creativity. Kristy's quilt is going to be lovely. I also love the apron you've made, the fabric is so cute - a real talking point I'd say.

Warming up up here, finally showing us some Summer. Take care.

chenlina said...

chenlina20160725
beats solo
nike air force 1
polo ralph lauren outlet
kids lebron shoes
tory burch outlet
celine handbags
adidas shoes
air jordan pas cher
jordan retro
nike air max
pandora outlet
christian louboutin shoes
ed hardy clothing
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet
michael kors purses
louis vuitton outlet
replica watches
louis vuitton outlet
adidas ultra boost
coach outlet
polo outlet
lebron 13
oakley outlet
true religion sale
coach factory outlet
air force 1
true religion jeans
burberry outlet
hermes bag
nike blazers
coach outlet
adidas uk
timberland boots
polo ralph lauren
tory burch handbags
gucci handbags
mont blanc
michael kors outlet
gucci handbags
as