Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Latest Happenings.

Sunday night and putting things away in my sewing room, getting ready for the new week ahead. I have a few jobs coming up for my Janome .
I finalised a Christmas present  for my neice over the weekend an Apron I started  last week. She is the most wonderful cook so I think she will like the Apron. I love the fun fabric.






My Grandaughter has been here for the weekend and still on my placement wall is her  blocks sorted for her quilt . Kristy lives in the country town of Tamworth 4 hours drive from the coast here. While visiting she did some more work on the blocks (25 , 10 1/2" blocks)  adding the cream sashing strips between the blocks in each row. Kristy is really getting used to the sewing machine now as this quilt is her 2nd .
 At her home there isn't a machine so she only gets to use mine when she visits which is normally in the school holidays, and in between we usually go to visit them.
I asked Kristy  will I help her a little while she is away and sew the 5 rows together and when she is back it will be ready for her to put the border on and quilt. I know she would like it finished for Christmas or the January school holidays.


Kristy Lee.
The rows need to be sewn together now with the cream sashing strips.


 Looking  good!!

I did a small embroidery over the weekend which I have to finish putting the binding around and a Christmas stocking I have to line the inside. It has been waiting for a while now, so hopefully I can show these as finished next post.
Sweet Dreams, Jen x



4 comments:

OzStitcher said...

Hi Jen - It's so nice to see someone young sewing.....and love your apron fabric....cheers Karen

Katie said...

Love the apron - lots of fun... And Kristy's quilt is coming on so well!

LuAnn said...

Tell Kristy I love her music fabric. I hope she gets access to a machine at home since she likes to sew. And, what a cute apron. Your niece will love the fabric!

Linda said...

I agree Jen, and love to see a young person taking an interest in creativity. Kristy's quilt is going to be lovely. I also love the apron you've made, the fabric is so cute - a real talking point I'd say.

Warming up up here, finally showing us some Summer. Take care.